Monday, August 20, 2007

Swimmingly

Song of the day: Big Pimpin' by Jay-Z

Should I be somewhat unnerved at the fact that things are going really, really well right now? I'm not entirely sire what to do with myself. I'm working with some really great people who are incredibly caring and kind. My boss is amazing and let's me go to auditions. Now that is amazing considering the fact that it's basically a cardinal sin to be a producer's assistant and an actor at the same time. In the past, I've just run mysterious "errands" when I had an audition, but my boss is so great that I just couldn't do that. Well, I fessed up and told him that I had an audition and he was so great to let me go. Already that felt like a win for me.

So, I went and I felt really good about it. I was up for the part of a bridesmaid, but the role is add-lib so it was actually easier than I thought it would be. I left feeling pretty good about the whole thing, but ya never know. Well, I got a call back and also the instruction to read for another roll as well, so that was a surprise to me. the call backs were really strange though. they just herded everyone who was there for the bridesmaid and wedding planner roles and took a picture of us and that was it. They didn't ask us to do anything else!

I was pretty much over it after that. I wasn't as excited about it and I waited until the end of the week and I didn't hear anything, so I figured it was about over. Well, wonder of wonders I got a call today that I got the role of the wedding planner. Which is amazing considering that I didn't audition for it at all! Strange or what? I was mostly stunned at first, basically because I had pretty much decided that it was all over. Yeah... so now what?

No comments: